Nov 16, 2010

List it Tuesday/ Things that bug me about being part of a Patchwork- Family

Because of current events, i had to think a lot about this during the last few days and something that really cost me my sleep and my peace of mind. So my list today is something to help me vent- please bear with me.

1) I can never decide if I want to let my kid go every second weekend- I just have to
2) My son feels as if he has to choose, because his father has turned parenting into a competition. That`s not good.
3) I want the best of both worlds for my son, but very often this does simply not exist.
4) I have to put up with His needs, games and nastiness, just because he`s my son`s father.
5) I would just like to have a break from it all, but it never stops.
6) I have to get along with " the other woman ", no matter how she behaves, for my child`s sake.

5 comments:

aimee said...

i think this is a wonderful use for a list, by putting emotional topics in a concrete format. it's good therapy. i am so sorry that you have to go through such difficulties with your ex, with him putting your child in the middle of it. how frustrating.

pluckychickenheart said...

I like your list too! I think its great that you are aware of the psychological dynamic. Not every parent is and that makes a difficult situation worse for everyone.

All the Very Best,
Mari

happeningsonchaosranch said...

Good luck to you Sweetie. I hope that one day your ex grow up enough to realize he needs to put your son first and stop using him as a tool to get to you.

Sugarplum Kawaii said...

What a nightmare for you. All the best...

cath c said...

sorry, been there. a time comes when you don't let it affect you so much, i promise.