#reverb10/ beautifully different

Prompt: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.

I´m 40 years old.
I have a grim sense of humour, which i have needed during the last years.
I have lots of scars inside and out.
I am chronically ill, but i refuse to give up on myself, or the world- or, as a matter of fact- fun.
I can handle pain quite well.
I´m a good friend, i´m loyal.
I´m a good mum (most of the time)
I take care of my friends, I make them laugh.
I write poetry that makes people cry.
One of my best friends calls me McWeepy, because i cry so easily:)
I love to cry over books and movies
I am sure that i`m secretely a mermaid ( or a kungfu-babe )
I never give up- something inside me always tells me to get up and fight.
I love to start conversations with total strangers.
I`m a good baker.

all this and more probably doesn`t make me different, but maybe, just maybe it makes me beautiful.

Comments

Stereo said…
You sound (and I'm sure you are) absolutely delightful and I can't wait to get to know you better.
emilystrange said…
Came across this on Twitter and I just wanted to say- you do sound beautiful!

GOOD FOR YOU for refusing to let a chronic illness get you down. That is not an easy thing to do!
Anonymous said…
Awesome! Love that last line. I'll sing if you bake me something. :)